The following pages
The following pages provide in-depth information about our environmental protection measures. WIEGEL already started taking the first basic and innovative steps in this direction over 25 years ago. Since then, we have steadily and consistently intensified our endeavours and translated them into lasting commercial success. To give you just a few examples, we have:
- as far back as 1989 we introduced a central environmental officer and an environmental management system for all of our plants
- for our pilot plant in Nuremberg with a fully enclosed galvanising and pre-treatment line we received the “Umweltpreis der Stadt Nürnberg” (environment prize presented by the city of Nuremberg) in 1991
- 1994 received the “Umweltmedaille des Freistaates Bayern” (Environment Medal of the Free State of Bavaria)
- since 2001 fitted the pre-treatment lines at all new plants with air washers
- 2004 our plant in Velké Meziříčí (Czechia) received the prize for “Health & Safe Environment” of the Czech Republic
- since 2014 all plants in the German speaking region have been validated according to EMAS
- In 2017, we won the German EMAS Award 2017 for outstanding environmental performance in the category 'large companies', and received an honorary prize from EU Environment Commissioner Karmenu Vella.
In future we will continue
In future we will continue to meet our responsibility for our natural environment. Our reputation as a pioneer and model company in our sector remains our commitment to constant development. This is also one of the key foundations of our success.